Friday 23 January 2009

A belated new year note

'As soon as I get home, I would update my blog'. This was the same thing I kept telling myself everyday but I never did. Anyway, here I am finally updating it with my belated New Year message and here it is:

2008 has come and gone.
Resolutions were made and forgotten.
For some, it brought joy, happiness, peace and prosperity. But for some, it brought pain, sorrow, tears and death.
For some it was the start of a new career but for some the end of a career.
Some got married, while some lost their spouses either through divorce or death.
Some gave birth, while some were born.
Life changing decisions were made.
Some earned more, while some could barely manage.
The credit crunch really hit hard. It made a lot of people jobless and financially crushed.There was a clash of authority and power.

For me, 2008 was another year which unfolded with new surprises as the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months.
It was a year of staying close to my family.
It was not a year of total accomplishment but close enough.
It wasn’t all smooth and rosy obviously but the difference was that I decided to make the best use of my opportunities.

Anyway, enough about 2008 and let’s focus on the New Year.
2009, what has it got to offer? Would you rather sit and watch things go wrong without you standing up to it? Would you rather sit and let 2009 dictate it's events in your life? We are into the year already and many "resolutions" have long been forgotten.

For me, I intend to do my best with the help of God to get the best from this year. I know man proposes and God disposes but still, we’ve all got our parts to play. We need to pray for guidance in taking key steps that will propel us to our greater heights and a step closer to fulfilling destiny.
At the end of the year, I pray that when we look back and speak about this year, it shall be all good news.
Enjoy the year as it brings forth all its surprises.

It's me
--Damsel from the Villa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice one.... I'd like to visit the "villa" soon... cheers